Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Melbourne Day 6

41 degrees today and it felt like I was a gingerbread man inside the convection oven, burning and turning blacker as every minute passes by. Seriously, even the "breeze" that blew past was unbearably scorching.

Remember Hardware Lane and its breakfast? Well we made it there, but not in time for breakie so lunch it was instead. Tortillas and Duck Confit Salad.


The duck was.. slurps. I realise how horrible I am at describing the food I've been having. I guess there's a reason why I didn't end up a food critic. But trust me, always magnify the degree of my description by a million and you could end up pretty close buds with my taste buds. ahah. lame attempt. okay, stop.

Dinner was.. jeng jeng, duck again. Maybe there's some sort of positive association between high temperature and duck. We had roasted duck noodles before heading to the Bennetts Lane Jazz Club.

There was a 11 piece jazz big band playing. Jane and I met up with a few of her friends there. Jazz is a funny genre of music. I do love jazz. I swoon at jazz. But tonight, apart from one piece that I loved, the arrangement of the music was, very eccentric. Different, chaotic, messy. It felt like different animals all screaming at once, especially if the piece was written to star the trumpets. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the night thoroughly :)

No comments: