Saturday, January 3, 2009

In His Time

We were built to wait.

Ironically, how we hate to wait.
At least I know I do.

To wait for results when an effort is put in, to wait for prayers to be answered, to wait for a miracle, to wait for the light to turn green, to wait for the guy behind he counter to speed up his efficiency, or to even wait for the one.

It has always been the now, the present, the straightaway results that I demand.
I strive to see results now. I've never truly been a patient person. It doesn't take much at all to surpass that treshold of patience. I get agitated, frustrated, disappointed and restless.

Some may think that being a person that lives for the now is a strong character, but in fact, the one that waits patiently and trusts in His plan for the things that can't be seen up the road are the strong ones.

So for this year, this is what I've decided.

I will learn to increase that treshold before anger kicks in.
I will learn to be less demanding of others.
I will learn to give allowance for other people's faults, that aren't at all that faulty.
I will learn to be a little more patient, with myself, with others, esp with GOD.
I will learn to pray a little longer, instead of giving up when I don't see it getting answered.
I will learn to wait.



So screw the clock.

No comments: