Following Jesus means having ruptures in life,
in relationships, in possessions, in vocation.
Just as I was doing my quiet time, I read that "if something gets in the way of following Jesus, get rid of it".
And something struck me. A decision I once made, with a relationship, suddenly linked to this phrase. Back then, when I was blinded, I didn't know why I made that decision. Being naive, all i knew was that it wasn't right. It drifted me away from many things, from God, family, friends etc. It hurt alright, but He had His angels surround me to dampen the impact of the fall. Now, i see, the decision that had been made quite impatiently was indeed a work of God. I got tangled in a mess which I don't see how I could get out of without God.
"For I have plans for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a future and hope".
Jeremiah 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment