Thursday, June 4, 2009

Operation Samuel - Day 1

So, I took a bold spin and went out for a run in the neighbourhood at half past 8 this morning. Wasn't a long run, mind you, having not run for what, over 2 months now? But it was indeed a good time for Mr G and I alone, with the cool breeze and the pink/blue layers of the skies of dawn. 

So I asked God, "God, is there anything You're trying to say to me?"
He didn't speak in the audible voice, which would make things super duper the easy for me. But I sensed today was a day of surrender. 

And that was what I did today. I surrendered these things to Him:
  • my negative feelings
  • my Quiet Time with Mr G
  • my relationships
  • my lifegroup
  • my uni work
  • my clinicals
  • my music ministry
.. and truly meant when I said "You are able, so long as I am willing."

This surrender is necessary and positive. He gives us what no one else could, so why aren't we giving Him our all, our best? Well, at least I know I'm not. Where I stand, this is not enough. 

You deserve the highest praise, and we CAN give you more......

No comments: